You should have an estate plan if you:
- Care about who inherits your property;
- Care about your health care treatment;
- Are the parent of minor or disabled children; and/or you want to avoid the public proceedings of a possible guardianship and probate.
A properly designed estate plan may:
- Provide instructions for your care and that of your loved ones in case of your disability;
- Be effective if you move to or own property in another state;
- Avoid probate;
- Keep your affairs private and confidential;
- Control all your property, including pensions and life insurance;
- Allow you to leave explicit instructions for the care of your loved ones;
- Create protective trusts for your young children, special needs children, adult children, and grandchildren; and,
- Provide federal estate tax planning and save professional fees and court costs.
With the help of a Boca Raton estate planning attorney at the Walser Law Firm, you can create an estate plan that will protect you and your family from guardianships, probate, and that will allow you to do valuable tax planning.